The IB curriculum provides a cohesive and comprehensive liberal arts and sciences program of study for highly motivated juniors and seniors of differing educational backgrounds, abilities, and interests. It is not just a set of examinations, but a rigorous pre-university program, which will provide the basis for life-long education. IB aims to provide a balanced program, which stimulates thought and creativity and enhances the international perspective of students. Students who satisfy the demands of the programme demonstrate a strong commitment to learning, both in terms of mastery of content and the development of skills.The purpose of the IB curriculum is to:
- educate young people to act intelligently and responsibly in a complex society;
- ensure knowledge of traditional academic disciplines and of the individual's own heritage, while fostering inquisitiveness and openness to new ideas; and
- equip students with a genuine understanding of themselves and others, heightening the capacity for tolerance and engendering respect for different points of view.
- juniors and seniors can apply for the program
- Identity and Purpose of the Navajo Preparatory School IB Programme
- IB Diploma
- Or one or more IB Course Certificates
- Or the Navajo Preparatory Diploma
The IB Diploma is one of the most well regarded and widely known secondary school qualifications in the world and is recognized by the world’s leading universities. The IBO was created in Geneva in 1963 by a group of member schools of the International Schools Association. These schools formed the International Schools Examination Syndicate (ISES) to plan a full curriculum and examination system. In 1968 the ISES changed its name to the International Baccalaureate Organization and was given legal status under the Swiss Civil Code.
The IBO Headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland, and the IBO Curriculum and Assessment Center is in Cardiff, Wales. The IBO has regional offices in North and South America, Asia, Europe and Africa. Navajo Preparatory School became a member IB schools in January of 2014.
The IB diploma is highly regarded for entry into universities throughout the world and for advanced placement at many colleges and universities in the United States and Canada. Oxford University was the first university to accept the IB diploma as an entrance qualification. Now universities world-wide recognize the diploma graduate as having completed one of the finest liberal arts educations available.
IB Application for current students
Extended Essay Read More